Beautifully designed fully restored spacious detached traditional Irish stone cottage, set within approximately 2 acres of land and comprising of the following internal accommodation:
- 1 Master bedroom (king size bed - 6 ft) with sea view.
- 1 double room (5 ft bed) with mountain/garden view.
- 1 double room (4ft bed) with sea view.
- 1 twin bedded room (2 x 3ft beds) with mountain/garden view.
- Lounge with open original stone fire place (not currently in use)and character features including restored stone walling and stairs to mezzanine level with additional seating area. Inc 32 in flat screen television with digital channels.
- Large open plan kitchen/dining and family room. Dining area with seating for 8 adults. Kitchen also has a breakfast bar. Kitchen contains all modern appliances Inc dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and tumble dryer. Tri fold patio doors lead to the garden and parking area at the rear of the house. Large skylight above lounge area.
- Bathroom, Inc bath (with shower attachment), toilet & wash hand basin.
- Wet-room / shower room with toilet and wash hand basin.
- Mezzanine level chill out room with balcony (above the lounge) with roof light and original mini windows - The snug!
Outside:The garden is typical wild mountain land (peat bog and quartzite) and has many wild flowers, trees (including Willow), assorted mountain heathers, ferns, fuschias, wild grasses & nettles and wild berries as well as a small wooded area directly behind the house (see our photo section). At certain times of the year the mountain sheep can also be seen in the garden as well as the Rabbits, Hares, Foxes, Badgers and perhaps even a local lost sheep dog!For keen bird watchers there is an abundance of bird species in the immediate area of the cottage from Robins to Ravens, Gold Finches, Blue Tits, Black Birds, Sparrow Hawkes, Falcons, Swallows and perthaps even the resident Cuckoo may make an appearance or two! The abundance of bird species makes this area quite interesting.
Directly to the side of the property is also the mountain river which leads down to the sea and can be heard from the property especially following heavy rainfall. There is also a small footbridge running over the river which is a nice feature to wonder over to and view the river from.
Outside there is approximatley 2 acres of mountain land from the top of which has fantastic sea views out and across the Currane pennisula opposite the Island and is great for an early morning walk! There is also ample parking for cars etc at the back of the property. There is a picnic table where you might like to have breakfast on sunny days looking out to sea. There is also a path leading up to the land at the back of the house.
Please see our gallery for photos of the internal cottage accommodation.
The property is also strictly non-smoking.